The 2018 Pacific Update, hosted by the Development Policy Centre and the University of South Pacific’s School of Economics, will be held on 5-6 July at the University of the South Pacific’s Laucala Campus in Suva, Fiji.
The Pacific Update is the premier forum for the discussion of important public policy issues in the region. It is open to the public and gathers policymakers, academics, researchers, business people, and development practitioners to discuss economic, social, political and environmental developments in the Pacific.
This year, conference sessions will examine themes such as:
- Economic development and poverty alleviation
- Climate change, resilience, and the blue economy
- Gender equality
- Labour mobility, migration and international trade
- Resource management, fisheries, and agriculture
- Social policy, health and education
- Financial inclusion
- Economic management and public sector reform
- Infrastructure management and development
- Foreign aid and climate financing
- Political economy of development
High-quality papers on other issues of importance to the region may also be considered.
Abstract submissions have now closed. Decisions on accepted papers will be announced on 20 April 2018.
Funding for travel and accommodation is available for a limited number of participants based outside of Suva, Fiji, and those who require funding must detail this in their abstract submission form.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pacific Update is supported by Australian Aid through the Pacific Research Program.
Access a copy of the call for papers flyer here.